Fern Farm Canine Country Club and Cattery Terms and Conditions
- All animals use the services of Fern Farm Canine Country Club and Cattery at the owner’s risk, we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any losses or injury. We recommend that you arrange your own insurance if not already in place.
- We reserve the right to refuse the admission of any animal due to ill health and you agree to disclose any health issues prior to arrival, this includes any recent dietary upset.
- In cases where animals are left that prove to be aggressive towards our staff or destructive to our facilities, we will contact the owner or emergency contact to arrange their removal. The emergency contact provided must be someone who is local, able to drive and willing to make full payment on the owner’s behalf. The remainder of the booking is still payable in full. All damage caused by any animal will be chargeable to the owner, including any caused to other pets and we recommend that you take out insurance to cover this.
- As the owner, you undertake to declare any history of veterinary problems, medication and to draw attention to any traits or vices their dogs may have including if your dog has had to see a vet in the last 14 days regardless of the reason. We must be notified at the time of booking or we reserve the right to refuse admission. If a cat has previously suffered from Cat flu it will not be accepted.
- No animal will be accepted unless proof of inoculation is provided upon arrival. Dogs must be vaccinated against Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Canine Parvovirus and Para influenza as well as Kennel Cough (Infectious Tracheobronchitis) which is NOT part of your annual booster vaccination and must be administered at least 14 days prior to arrival for boarders. For dogs attending day care only, this may be reduced to 7 days AT OUR DESCRETION, according to the specific dog’s age, general health and behaviour. You must discuss this with us before the boosters are due for us to consider. Cats must be vaccinated against Feline Herpesvirus, Calicivirus, Parvovirus and Feline infectious enteritis. No boosters may be outstanding and 14 days must be allowed before arrival from completion of the PRIMARY course of vaccinations for all animals. You accept that the vaccinations administered by your vet protect them against one strain of the virus only in some cases and therefore you accept that your pet is still at risk. Homeopathic alternatives are not acceptable. Vaccination cards must be provided upon arrival to commence check in and will be retained by Fern Farm Canine Country Club and Cattery until collection.
- Dogs and cats must be treated for fleas, ticks and worms within one month prior to arrival by a known flea treatment. Animals that arrive with fleas will be refused entry and homeopathic alternatives are not acceptable.
- A deposit or full payment may be required when booking, at our discretion. A 50% cancellation fee will be charged if bookings are cancelled within 14 days prior to arrival and the full amount will be due for bookings cancelled within 7 days. This also applies to regular day care customers for cancelled days. No reduction will be offered for early collection or late drop off and the relevant additional cost will apply for any unplanned extended stays. No pets are released to owners without full payment, please note that we do not accept card payments. 30 days notice is required for cancellation of regular day care membership.
- If an exception is made to rule 7 under extenuating circumstances at our discretion, any clients with unpaid fees will have a total of 28 days from the departure to clear the balance. If payment is not received by the end of this period, we will pass your information to a debt collection agency or small claims court. Refunds are not applicable.
- You agree to bring sufficient food for the duration of your pet’s stay, we strongly recommend that you bring the food which they are used to eating. You are liable for the cost of the purchase of additional food should your pet run out of food during their stay and there may also be a charge for the collection or delivery. We are advocates for healthy eating and therefore do not accept food or treats with additives, colouring or high sugar content. Rawhide chews are not accepted. We do not accept vegan or vegetarian diets without written reason from a veterinary surgeon for it’s need.
- Medication will only be administered with the instructions from a veterinary surgeon which must be clearly labelled on such medication. You agree to bring a sufficient amount for the duration of the animal’s stay and are liable for the cost of purchasing more if needed and there may also be a charge for the collection or delivery.
- All dogs must wear a collar with an ID tag and must be microchipped.
- No responsibility is taken for owner’s bedding, toys, bones, chews or bedding that is used on the premises. You accept that such items could be dangerous such as a potential choking hazard and understand that dogs are not always individually supervised.
- Dogs must be on a lead at all times upon arrival and departure. Cats must arrive and depart in secure baskets/carriers. We accept no responsibility for loss or injury in the reception or car park areas whatsoever.
- The owner understands that drop off and pick up times are by prior arrangement inside our opening hours only and as specified when booking. If these are missed for whatever reason there may be delay in being able to drop off or collect your pet and a surcharge for the inconvenience may be charged at our discretion. The last admission is 15 minutes before closing, please allow sufficient time for checking in. We accept no responsibility for missed public transport or delay.
- Grooming is not included in the cost, we therefore recommend that grooming appointments are arranged particularly if your dog has a non-shedding coat, long coat or is here for an extended stay. Booking is required well in advance and a separate grooming form must be completed. Dogs which we feel are excessively dirty or suspect have fleas will be bathed at our discretion and the owner accepts that they are liable for the cost. You must advise any behavioural issues when being groomed at the time of booking, we reserve the right to terminate a groom should we feel it necessary. You must advise any shampoo allergies or specific styling requirements when booking.
- The owner consents to Fern Farm using photographs of their pet, for use on their website and social media groups for advertising purposes.
- Fern Farm Canine Country Club and Cattery reserve the right to re-home any animal not collected within 15 days of the stated departure dates if no communication from the owner, or owner’s agent, is received and if efforts to contact the owner fail.
- Access to other areas of the farm by owners or visitors are strictly forbidden.
- You give consent for my dogs or cats to be separated if needed and agree to pay for any additional cost incurred.
- You agree to your details being kept by Fern Farm for our use and agree to update us with any changes in writing.
- Geoff Shore and Abigail Doxford, trainers at Fern Farm are all self employed and therefore their services are by separate contract.
- You agree to provide in writing the consent for use of a muzzle if required and reasoning.
- You agree for your dog to travel in a crate or sleep in a crate during downtime if required.
- We accept entire males and females who are both included together in socialisation. You agree to notify us if your entire bitch is due to come in season, is in season or has been in season in the last two months so that we can take adequate precautions to protect your pet.
I have provided accurate information on my booking form and will continue to update you with any changes to the information provided. I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and understand that while every care will be given to my animal(s), they attend at my own risk. I authorise you to call your designated veterinary surgeon (The Garden Veterinary Group Chippenham) or my usual vet on my behalf should you feel it is necessary. I give consent to any medical treatment or procedure by the Vet or ourselves which is felt necessary and understand that I will be liable for any related charges, including those by Fern Farm.